Friday, April 10, 2009

The New Resume

In my new quest to become the best at everything and get jobs, I have had to take long hard looks at my resume. One thing I've discovered: it's gotta be online.

Recently, there was a book written by Dan Schawbel called "Me 2.0." I have recommended it to my former professors to pass along to students and even use themselves so they can stay abreast of the shifting sands. The days of hard copy resumes and portfolios is almost over.

Now, no one is recommending that you never leave the chair that sits at your desk, but it is becoming truer and truer that your online presence is just as important as your real world presence.

Right now, an online presence puts you ahead of the pack. In a few years, it will be expected. The bar will keep getting raised. It is up to you to keep up and have fun in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment